GuitareJazzManouche. com

Guitar Lesson in Paris?

comme son nom l'indique

Guitar Lesson in Paris?

Messagepar RobMacKillop » 23 Déc 2014 00:01

Hello from Edinburgh. This is my first post here. I will be visiting Paris in April to collect a new guitar from Castelluccia, the Sweet Chorus model. I hope to see some Gypsy Jazz while I am there, and perhaps get a guitar lesson too, in the Manouche style, of course.

Unfortunately, I am very bad at learning languages, and only know very basic French. My guitar playing is advanced, but not in the Gypsy-Jazz style, but I am studying it.

I would appreciate advice on where to hear Gypsy Jazz, and also a contact for a lesson, with a teacher who can speak English, if possible.

Rob
RobMacKillop

Re: Guitar Lesson in Paris?

Messagepar goudjigou » 23 Déc 2014 03:17

Hello Rob

follow this link to find where to listen to Gypsy Jazz :

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22880

Don't miss a chance to visit these places :

http://www.lachopedespuces.fr/Ev-nements.html
http://www.ateliercharonne.com/

Difficult to recommend one teacher rather than another but in Paris you will enjoy an abundant offer of good (and bad) teachers.
I sent you by PM contacts of 2 teachers I enjoyed taking lesson with.
It is not essential to speak French to take a Gypsy-Jazz style guitar lesson as this style is traditionally taught by repeating licks again and again. Do not expect learning too much theory ....

Have a great gypsy jazz experience in Paris !
goudjigou

Messagepar RobMacKillop » 23 Déc 2014 09:12

Thanks for the links, the advice and the PM! Much appreciated.
RobMacKillop

Messagepar harrye » 13 Mai 2015 04:00

Hi Rob,

Just saw your message. I know your trip to Paris has already happened, but I thought I'd post some thoughts that may help if you decide to visit again and want to take a lesson. Hopefully this can be helpful for others visiting Paris too.

Gypsy jazz guitarists who speak English and are teaching (I have taken lessons with them in 2014) in and around Paris include:

- Samy Daussat (you can find him on Facebook)
- Romain Vuillemin (also on Facebook)
- William Brunard (also on Facebook)
- Serge Krief (google him)
- Sebastien Giniaux (doesn't teach a lot, but if you're persistent he'll give you a lesson haha: find him on Facebook
- Antoine Boyer (I took a lesson from him in Chartres, which is about 1hr south of Paris by train, but he may be living in Paris now: find him on Facebook)
- Mathieu Chatelain (teaches from his houseboat in Samois, which is right next to the island where the annual Samois festival takes place)
- Christophe Lartilleux (teaches from home in chalons en champagne, about 2 hours from Paris. Does not speak English but his daughter Deborah Lartilleux translates for him sometimes during lessons: find them on Facebook.

I hope this is useful!

All the best

Harry
harrye

Messagepar jasmeen » 18 Fév 2016 10:29

I hope to see some Gypsy Jazz while I am there, and perhaps get a guitar lesson too, in the Manouche style, of course.
== Solitaire ==
jasmeen

Messagepar Super Mario Maccaferri » 05 Jan 2020 15:03

Lessons : go see Samy Daussat. He's the man.
--"Eh, vas-y ma cousine.!"--
Super Mario Maccaferri

Retour vers Blabla généralisé